3 August 2023
Our Services consist of all products and services that we may provide, including the following websites and mobile applications operated or provided by Mustad:
o EQUINET App (mobile application) and equinetapp.com
Personal Data means any information relating to a living individual who can be identified from that information (or from that and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated using certain Services or from the Services infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a webpage visit or your use of our EQUINET app).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
with the exception of certain data that you may choose to process using our EQUINET app (see below), we are the Data Controller for the processing of your Personal Data in relation to our Services.
Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Information collection and use
TYPES OF DATA COLLECTED
While using our Services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information (Personal Data) that can be used to contact or identify you .
Personal Data that we may require includes:
● Email address
● First name and last name
● Phone number
● Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City, Country
● Business name and title
Other Personal Data that you may choose to process by using our EQUINET App
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. You can also individualise cookie settings on our websites through the pop-up notice. If you choose to decline certain cookies, it could be that you may not be able to access all or parts of our websites.
Purposes for the processing of Personal Data
We process your Personal Data for one or more of the following purposes (depending on our relationship with you):
● To provide and maintain our Services
● To notify you about changes to our Services
● To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services when you choose to do so
● To provide customer support
● To gather statistical information so that we can improve our Services
● To monitor the usage of our Services
● To detect, prevent and address technical issues
● To contact you and process information that you have provided to us in relation to your job or internship application with Mustad.
● To send out newsletters, invitations to our events and other marketing communications that may be relevant to you, as well as in the context of a (registration for) one of our events. When you have attended one of our events, we may also contact you for feedback.
● For safety purposes, through the use of camera surveillance to protect the possessions and safety of us, our employees and visitors.
Legal basis for processing Personal Data under the GDPR
Mustad may process your Personal Data on the basis of one or multiple of the following legal grounds:
● The performance of an agreement with you or to take measures before the conclusion of an agreement
● Your informed consent
● A legitimate interest
● To comply with applicable law and legal obligations (including valid requests by public authorities for the disclosure of Personal Data).
Retention of data
Mustad will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a relatively short period of time, except when this data is used for security purposes or to improve the functionality of our Services, or if we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Sharing your Personal Data
In some cases, we may share your Personal Data with third parties. We will only do this when we consider this necessary. We only share your data with trustworthy parties and ensure that a transfer of your Personal Data is subject to appropriate safeguards.
If you are located outside the Netherlands and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the Netherlands and process it there.
We may share your personal data with:
- Government institutions such as the tax authorities and supervisory authorities.
- Mustad affiliates, distributors, suppliers and subcontractors (such as repair centres);
- Chain partners and other service providers such as banks, insurers, bailiffs, accountants, tax advisers and other advisers;
- External suppliers such as IT service providers, hosting and cloud service providers or other suppliers to which we outsource IT and support services.
If the third party with which your Personal Data is shared is designated a Data Processor in the sense of the GDPR, we will also conclude a data processing agreement with this third party.
Security of data
We take appropriate security measures to limit abuse of and unauthorized access to Personal Data. For example, we ensure that only authorised persons have access to Personal Data, that access to and transfer of the Personal Data is protected by appropriate safeguards such as secured connections and firewalls and that our security measures are evaluated and updated regularly.
Your data protection rights under the GDPR
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights:
You have the right to request us to access, rectify, erase, restrict and transfer your Personal Data. You also have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data.
To the extent that our processing of your Personal Data is based on consent, you have the right to revoke this consent at any time. Any withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent prior to its withdrawal.
To exercise these rights, please contact us by:
Mustad Netherlands B.V.
Attn.: IT Mustad
8218 NJ Lelystad
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
Mustad will respond to your request within 28 calendar days. Depending on the number of requests we receive and the complexity of the requests, this period may be extended by 2 months, in which case we will notify you of such extension.
Please note that individuals’ rights under the GDPR are subject to certain restrictions and may not always be granted. A request may be denied in part or in full following these restrictions, such as legal obligations, the rights of third parties and the legitimate interests of Mustad.
If we are unable to grant a particular request, we will inform you of this, with statement of reasons.
Within the EU, EU citizens have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory data protection authority. A list of all EU supervisory authorities is available on the European Data Protection Board website: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en. In the Netherlands this is the ‘Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens’ (‘AP’). More information can be found on the website of the AP (https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/). We would appreciate it if you would contact us first so that we can try to reach an amicable solution.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent (to the extent necessary under applicable law), we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
● By email: [email protected]
● By phone number: +31(0)320 211 420